Friday, June 23, 2006

The Right to be Pissed?

No specific incident triggered the following outburst; I was just lying in bed thinking again. It's times like this that make me think I'd use all three of my wishes on a power switch for my brain. Anyway, I can remember at least two times when somebody has told me that I have no right to be pissed off. The first was when Katie broke up with Scott after a weekend. It bothered him at least a little, and being his friend, I was instantly on his side. I got angry at Katie for doing what she did, and eventually Scott told me that I had no right to be angry at her since it didn't involve me. Recently, Cory told me that I had no right to be pissed at Scott's mom for bringing him home abruptly. (No, Scott, you're not the only person this has happened to me around, you're just the most prominate in my mind at the moment.) Now, don't get me wrong, but I never remember telling Cory that he could be angry at Carmi for what she did to me. I never remember him getting permission to get angry at Annie. I also don't expect that he should. One doesn't need a RIGHT to get angry. All they need is anger. So please, please stop telling me that I don't have the right to be angry, because I have just as much right as people caught up in the situation. G'night Bloggernet.

4 Comments:

At Fri Jun 23, 12:40:00 PM , Blogger J.C. Selnick said...

Well we can all be pissed at stuff sometimes sure. But when other people your with don't want to hear the other people whine, it gets annoying. Maybe if we could all forgive and forget a little more. It might be one whole hell of a lot easier to deal with anger and shit. Hell most of us our guys, simply put were supposed to the big men, and not care so much about the little stuff. And these word verification things are geting ridiculous.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 02:09:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

"are guys" and no they're not. You just can't type :)

 
At Sat Jun 24, 12:38:00 PM , Blogger Motor.On said...

Gosh Eric! Why are you so angry!?

jeez, I revoke your anger priveleges!

 
At Fri Jun 30, 06:20:00 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Let me rephrase my original statement then - you do indeed have the right to be pissed, but I also have the right to ignore it.

That came off harsher than necessary, so please continue to read as I explain myself in a more civil manner.

In the situations that you mentioned between me and katie and between me and annie, there were a few problems. I can certainly understand your frustrations with both annie and katie, believe me. The problem is when I'm deflated and depressed and you're pissed off. A conversation between those people respectively is doomed from the beginning. In a situation like that, for me at least, I don't feel angry. I tend to blame myself irrationally and get depressed. When I'm already in that sort of mood, and you're just pissed and complaining, even if not at me but just generally, the already tense situation only escalates. If you choose to instead remain calm, the situation has the potential to remain at a managable level.

Does that make sense?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home