Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Today

Hello everybody. Today was pretty normal. We started yet another poetry unit in English. We do the SAME thing each year. It took all of my self control to not be sarcastic with Coultas about how much I LOVE poetry. I mean, she was just asking for it. She told us to "define poetry." Gosh. Next we had Bio, which is rapidly becoming one of my favorite classes. I know a lot of people dislike Fennell, but I like her. True, she can be a little... off-topic... sometimes. But she's always approachable. Plus, I like Biology. It's even more fun this year since we're learning new concepts and ideas instead of just memorizing what muscles are where in a dead rat and such. Third period was World History with Helfrich. I like Helfrich too. He makes boring topics funny and easy to remember and exciting topics... well... exciting. Fourth period was Video Tech with Dupps. I don't like Dupps that much, but I respect him. I love Video though. It's a lot of fun and not that hard. Generally I spend all of my worktime except the last week before a project is due fooling around on the internet. I work best under pressure anyway. Next was lunch (Mr. Terrell switched us to Lunch A because he was administering a math test (which I was supposed to take but forgot about)). Then we had Algebra 2 with Terrell. Terrell is my favorite teacher this year. I love his attitude (by and large) to homework: "You didn't do that homework? Good luck on the test." He's also funny and always willing to explain something four or five times if you don't get it. Sixth period was Latin with Mr. Little. Mr. Little is cool but he picks on me a lot (although I usually (read: always) deserve it). Side note: Mr. Little's favorite Latin word is verererene (I might have added one too many 're's), which means "Were you afraid?" Try to say that ten times fast. Finally we had Speech 7th period with Palmer. She's cool. We had to get in four speeches (plus prep) each averaging seven minutes today. Charlie (#4) finished with a minute left on the clock. Now that the academic part is out of the way, let me talk about how I felt today. During the day, I felt terrible. I guess it was just the weather, but my heart felt really heavy (i.e. like it did right after Carmi and I broke up), which is odd. Looking back on the day, it wasn't that bad. It was probably just the dreary weather combined with the lack of sleep. Whatever. I had more to say earlier today, but I can't remember it at the moment. To steal a phrase from "Tripping up the Stairs of Life," Goodnight Bloggernet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home