Sunday, October 02, 2005

PhoneCode

Richard created a "code" using the numbers on a phone keypad. It's really easy to decode if you actually have a keypad in front of you, but it is time-consuming. So I wrote an encoder and a decoder in C++. They can be downloaded in a zip file here. I update that file often, but the bleeding edge source (in whatever state it is in when I save it) can be found here and here. Here's an example of PhoneCode: 2220208077770102077703301033302080. There's a zero terminating every letter. Ones are spaces. Have fun with it.
P.E. If you're gonna edit it, please use the bleeding edge version. I make changes often, although that should slow down now that we're at version 1.0. It now supports punctuation. Encode some different things and see what happens. The @ shows up when it gets an input that it doesn't understand.

7 Comments:

At Sun Oct 02, 03:33:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

I know. B-duh. But we're the first to use it for communication on Because I Choose To! Oh! Beat that!

 
At Sun Oct 02, 03:33:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Besides, the encoder and decoder are modular. I can swap out any code I want to and they'll still work.

 
At Sun Oct 02, 04:03:00 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Sweet. I'll write a monk's code for you later.

 
At Sun Oct 02, 05:31:00 PM , Blogger Cody said...

well I do concur with Richard, cat's are fat. I also believe they are lazy and stupid. Dogs on the other hand are nice, cute, don't have any dander, are there when ya need em. Won't itch or scratch ya, the list can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and...

 
At Sun Oct 02, 06:23:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Did I just get spammed with word verification on!?!

 
At Sun Oct 02, 09:08:00 PM , Blogger Cody said...

hmm, could have been a loner

 
At Mon Oct 03, 03:32:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

I hope so. Blogger needs to strengthen it's word verification system. A change in font and color over individual letters would help a lot. They might also want to add some fancy backgrounds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home