Recovery Status
I've made some signifigant progress in the restore/recovery of my hard disks. Everything is still within warrenty, which means that hardware problems are covered. I've managed to get my secondary disk up and running (as a master drive) in my mom's computer. This gets me back to December 2005 or so (much better than my September 2004 backups), but doesn't get back the pictures or other stuff like that. It still remains to be seen if the disk controller on my mobo is messed up or not. Also, the drive controller on the 250GB hard drive is partially messed up. It won't run as master, but it will run when slaved to another hard disk. At the moment, my mom's computer is working hard to reconstruct the partition table. I'm estimating about a 25% chance of success. More to say later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home