Tuesday, February 14, 2006

More Restoration News

It turns out that the primary disk controller on my mobo is indeed corrupted. There also might be some problems with the 250GB disk's controller. That still remains to be determined. The 160GB disk is apparently perfect, although I haven't had a chance to attempt to access it from within Windows yet. Luckily, all of this hardware is covered by warrenty, so the only problem at the moment is to recover the data. The only snag I can see with that is that my two biggest hard drives are out of operation, so I dunno where to put that data.

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 14, 09:33:00 PM , Blogger Scott said...

Umm.... You could burn a lotta lotta dvds :)... You could also get one of those 250 GB externals, which are pretty hard to fuck up since you just unplug em when you don't need em.... That's pretty easy to do, but still expensive... Professional data recovery may be your only chance.

 
At Wed Feb 15, 06:56:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Pfft. I could also just get a big internal, or as it seems at the moment, just get my computer repaired and then worry about backups from there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home