Two Things that Bug Me
Two things are really depressing me right now. First is that we are all brainwashed as children. We become the sum of our DNA and our upbringing. One of the most obvious examples is religion. If a person is raised Catholicly, they usually become Catholic (although not always). Another example is politics. We usually go with our parents' views on politics. I'm sure you can think of many more. Anyway, the second thing that is making me feel kind of hopeless is that love is basically a drug, at least love as teenagers know it. It feels wonderful, but after we feel it once, we need it more and more to stay happy. And over time our body develops a resistance, leading to the end of limerence. Love is unique in that the resistance-building process is restarted whenever we fall in love again. The blessing and curse of love is that we can't inject ourselves. We need another person to help us. This is making me feel hopeless about relationships in general, and one in specific. But I'm addicted to love.

3 Comments:
Your not alone Eric but there are bigger issues that face us today then love.
Yeah I know. Just none that are so complex.
There's a cover article for NatGeo this month on the chemistry of love - I haven't read it yet, but it looks interesting. If you want, I could try and lend it to you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home