Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nothing at All

"The only pain is to feel nothing at all." -U2
How true. I've been sorta depressed recently (what else is new?) for a new reason: humans cannot be objective. It is impossible to base actions off of what a raw, unmanupulated human would do, since there isn't one. It's disorienting to have no zero around which to base my ideas. Next topic, is love a weakness or strength? I don't know about that one. In some ways, it's a weakness because it causes people to become dependant on each other. But it also helps people find meaning for their lives, which seems hard to me. I see now why religion is so necessary for some people. I can't quite wrap my mind around this feeling that I'm having right now (probaby because I'm tired and just typing without thinking about what I'm saying), but I feel kind of hopeless. I suppose it's up to each of us to come up with our own purpose in life. Three things kept me sane through my breakup with Carmi. One was obviously my friends. Talking really helps. Two was my solid belief that love doesn't always end badly. And three was the belief that life is deeper and richer than it looks from my angle. Now I have a slightly stronger grip on the cliff face of sanity hanging above the ravine of dispare (bleah... cliche), but I still need all three of these things. Wow, that was a long, convoluted post. Congrats on getting this far, now I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Bloggernet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home