First Day at School // First Shoot // Thunderbird is Even More Awesome Than I Thought // Tricia
I'm gonna start with the last point. I spent the day with Tricia yesterday, and it was a lot of fun! We sat around and watched the Office (half-attentively), then went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum! And that's all I'm going to say on the matter. XD
Second to last: if you still use Outlook, or if you use GMail, here's yet one more reason to switch to Thunderbird.
I missed three things about Outlook: Tasks, Calender, and Notes. I was excited to discover Lightning, the calender extension for Thunderbird. The new versions also handle tasks. It's much simpler than Outlook's calender, and nearly as powerful.
At the same time, I like having a lot of my stuff on Google so that I can access it while I'm away. And, try as I might, I couldn't bring myself to use GCal. Well, it's possible to have the best of both worlds! Read this page, and see how to integrate GCal into Thunderbird.
Anyway, about school... It really wasn't as bad as I thought. Having a science study hall first period is kinda lame, because I can't eat or drink in there, so I'll have to chug my morning Dew. Marketing II is second period, but I plan to drop that. It looks like a lame and pointless class. I might drop it for a independent study with Dupps.
Then there's 3rd period, where my day really gets started. Schneider. Do I really need to say anything else?
4th is Sherwin, which is awesome like always. Full verb synopsis for Monday! Yay for no review - Becky wasn't kidding when she warned us last year. Oh well... it'll be just hard enough to be challenging. I love Latin, really. And we got tea!
5th: I have Analysis with Dunlap. I'm already unimpressed. She reminds me slightly of Ms. Downey. Eh... just not gonna be a good class. Apparently it's nothing but precalc all over again. I should've pulled a Richard and taken Calc AB or something.
6th: English with Shock / Montani. It's gonna be a pain, but whatever. After Malucci, I can survive anything.
7th: AP Physics. This class will be just plain fun. I can always ask Leah or Alan or Scott for help if I get stuck... Leah's taken _real_ college physics, Alan's a physics genius, and Scott is just plain a genius.
That was my day.
Then there's my first football shoot tomorrow, starting at 7p. Yay! I'm a little nervous, but also excited.

1 Comments:
the Cheesecake factory serves way too much food.
Like, 2-3 times as much as I want/need/can eat.
but it's only about half of what maggiano's (or whatever that italian restaurant next to it is called)
and, it's in the Kenwood mall.
I'm not a big fan... but they do have good cheesecake...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home