Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Multi Genre

Alright gang, I stayed after school with Malucci today. Gasp! Actually, it was pretty helpful. We talked about my multi-genre (obviously), and through her senseless fluff, she gave me a good push in the right direction for figuring out what the hell I should be doing. For my sake as well as yours, here's what I remember from the conversation. My myth (I'm curious about how and why things work) is pretty good. As for an organizational structure, she suggests a metaphoric "toolbox." I'm not 100% sure what she means on that, though. Does she want me to call my pieces "tools" and refer to them as I might pull tools from a toolbox? That's the best I've been able to figure out from her. She suggests I have moments that "weave" simple problem solving (basically troubleshooting) with my idea of "nailing down" "big" things. Note the overuse of quotation marks. I use those whenever Malucci says something ambiguous. By big things, she means life questions like religion and... I dunno. Give me some ideas for other "life questions." By weave, she means that I should run them one after another. Other than that, she wants me to use answering genres, voice, etc; all the stuff we talked about.

What do I need from you? Suggestions as to moments, "apples", basically anything that could help me. Hit me with an idea! (Ouch! METAPHORICALLY!)

Random ramblings section:
I had my first major nosebleed in like five years today. That scared me at first. I thought I just had a runny nose until blood started to drip onto my desk. Oh well, I lived.

I am still not looking forward to winter. School needs to be over. Today.

Reading old posts:
Always a bad idea, take my word for it.

Being the person I am, I logged into Blogger tonight and did a search for posts containing "Leah". Yep, you can see the problem now. I hate emotional roller coasters. Real roller coasters are fun though. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

4 Comments:

At Tue Oct 03, 09:11:00 PM , Blogger Motor.On said...

I'm sensing a theme in your blog...

 
At Tue Oct 03, 09:13:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Isn't that more of a motif? :)
unglok

 
At Wed Oct 04, 02:04:00 PM , Blogger Eric said...

What'd I do wrong?
dahdzv

 
At Wed Oct 04, 08:42:00 PM , Blogger Motor.On said...

I dunno
mtkdf

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home