"God?" and Klingons
Okay, so I'm a hopelessly obsessed trekie. At least I don't DRESS UP like a Klingon. Anyway, I've been reading a site that was formerly called "Anti-God", but is now just called "God?" Apparently, the creator of the site isn't too imaginitive, but that doesn't stop him from having some good, if exagerated, insights about religion, expecially Christianity. Read the site. His web design sucks, but if you look at the bottom, you can see a drop-down box to choose which rant you want to read. It took me three minutes to find that.... Anyway, on to the Klingon part: the Klingons killed their gods. This guy thinks that we should do the same. Oh well.

11 Comments:
What problems do you have with God?
Me? I'm agnostic. This guy is violently athiestic. He keeps talking about how God, if He exists, is trying to put us down and control us. Kinda funny, kinda true, kinda stupid.
And of course, that didn't really answer your question. I don't have any problem with God, I just don't think that he exists.
Don't you mean, you wonder if there is a God? Lots of people wonder. There is no way to prove it either way...it's hard to wrap a science mind around that.
I wonder, but I'm leaning toward the athiestic side. Think about it. If someone said "There's a mystical force making this light bulb light up," you'd say "No, that's the heat given off by the filiment as electricity is run through it." But if someone says "There's a mystical force that created this word," you say "Yes, that's God." Okay, that's really simplified, but it seems that, without evidence, we must naturally err on the side of nonexistance.
Huh? You telling me it's not a mystical force making the lightbulb glow!
Then answer this: Who/What made the big bang occur if not a higher power?
Your mom.
There's no way you can prove whether or not god exists, and you can't be persuaded to believe. You have to experience something in your own life that leads you to it. I think X would have done you good. Not saying I'm a devout Catholic, but I believe there is a God, and before St. X i was agnostic.
Is it even possible to kill of the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God?
Also, Judaism/Christianity don't have to be monotheistic. The text is "thou shall have no gods before me" doesn't that mean you could have lesser gods?
YOu'd probably have to read the original text.
Also, isn't a statue of Jesus an Idol?
Nice points Alan. What made the big bang happen? That's a very good question. Scientists don't know what caused the big bang. But years ago, scientists had no clue what caused disease. Supernatural things were blamed for that as well, but it turned out to be something too small for us to see. Not a higher power, but a lesser power. Yet, for all of their weaknesses, viruses are very hard to kill (without killing the host). Off topic... anyway, I don't think there is a God.
The argument for the Big Bang goes something like this:
First off, we can still 'hear' reverberations of it. Ignoring the fact that It may not have happened, there is the 'Why/How' argument. If not God, then what?
Random Chance. Think of it this way. If you roll a trillion-sided die almost infinite times, you will eventually get the number 3,568 right?
There fre if enough time elapses anything possible will happen in the Universe. Somewhere. The Univverse is almost infinitly large, so it will happen somewhere.
Ya, it's kinda loose, but good point Eric. We know so little, and thats probably for the better of mankind.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home