What Can?
My dad's friend owns a farm out near Ripley. It's somewhere around eighty acres and is a pretty cool place to go camping or even just for the day. Dad and I went out there yesterday. We took a 12-gauge shotgun and a .38 caliber revolver with us. When we got there, Dad put a coffee can on a stick. I got the .38 and put some holes in the can. Then I got a little mad at it and got out the 12-gauge. The conversation went something like this:
Dad: Aim for the can.
*BOOM*
Me: What can?
The coffee can went flying and landed about fifty feet away. It had two big .38 holes and then two massive holes where the shotgun blast entered and exited. I found the can and hung it back on the stick and then proceeded to blast it four more times. I learned something new: a shotgun's effective range is about thirty meters. The only bad thing is that my shoulder hurts a little today. A 12-gauge has a kick. I always thought it was more like five meters. After the coffee can thing, Dad and I went to eat dinner at a little country restaurant called "Our Place." The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I wouldn't eat there again. Then we went for a night walk out to Res's (Dad's friend) log cabin. I'm not sure if he actually lives there, but I think he does. It's one room with a loft on top. There were a bunch of twenty-something guys drinking beer and running around in ATVs. Then we drove home.

10 Comments:
Okay, uh, yeah.
From my perspective of how I know you that was a very ironic post. Not that anything was wrong with it...
Yeah, eric doesn't exactly seem like your average farm boy. I also think Eric with a 12 gauge would be a VERY scary sight. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I've never shot a gun, and I'd like to try it some time.
Yeah. Believe it or not, I like the country.
Me too. I definitely agree with you. But you definitely seem like a city boy to me... lol. Then again, none of us are truly urban, as we live in a place that can hardly even be considered suburban.
My sister's friend's dad is the owner of targetworld so if you really want to I can get you in for free.
-Cody
That's cool. I just might take you up on that Cody.
i'm not saying I totally can but *ask* me and I will see what I can do.
y did u comment anonymously, yet u signed the comment w/ yor name? thats completely pointless n a waste of time.
Whatever, maybe he just didn't feel like logging in...
Yeah I do that when I'm at school. Then they can't get my password.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home