Indy 500
I went to the Indy 500 with my father today. It was pretty fun. My only complaint was how long it was. The Indy 500 is 200 laps around a 2.5 mile track. After a hundred laps, it got kinda boring. By lap 190, it was interesting again. If it was 100 laps instead, it would have been more fun. Also, the sun was rather warm -- the track got up to 120 degrees. I (like everybody else) was rooting for Danica, but she didn't win. She had it until lap number 197. I didn't see her get passed (we were on the other side of the track). Literally right after she was passed, they called a Yellow Flag. For those of you who don't know, a Yellow Flag means that the racers cannot change positions, but the laps still count. The race finished under a Yellow Flag, which isn't cool. Danica ended up finishing fourth (higher than any woman at the Indy 500 ever). I won $18 on the bus pool because I had the winning slip. We took some good photos and video. I'll upload them when I get around to it.

3 Comments:
Yeah it was pretty sweet. It would have been awesome if Danica won, but oh well... she'll probably win it some day.
Yeah... she's only 22.
Yeah I put 23 the first time, then I went on the web and checked. I guess my source was wrong. Well whatever, that's still really young for a NASCAR driver.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home