All the Servers are Down!
All the servers are down! At least at school they are. All of the *.sytes.net stuff (http://gizoogle.sytes.net is one) is also dead at school. I don't really get this. It doesn't look like a Bess block page. It's just a "host not found error." It might not even be a block. This goes way beyond Bess's capibilities. Why would they be able to block a whole domain but not a different port? I thought that they had only blocked *.sytes.net, but http://servy.servebeer.com is also down. *UPDATE* The Servy has been down since Sunday. So, maybe they did just block the *.sytes.net. */UPDATE* All of them work fine from home. I also thought that they blocked Road Runner IP addresses, but I could ping the primary DNS. I couldn't even get the IP address for anything on the *.sytes.net or *.servebeer.com domains. I can only think of one explaination: Bess has got a whole lot smarter. And that means that we will too. I might be parking a very rudimentary web server at Alan's house (he's got Zoomtown) with nothing but a CGI Proxy and a copy of PuTTY for download. If and when that happens, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home