Sweet Weekend
This was a pretty sweet weekend. On Friday, Scott came over and hung out until about 6:30p, when he had to go home because he had a tennis tournament Saturday morning (which he won). At like 7p, Cory called and then came over. We went to see Scary Movie 4, which was okay. It was funny, but it was really short and the jokes weren't that great. He stayed the night. Not that long after he left, Scott came over and we went to see SM4 again, because he hadn't seen it. After that, we went back to his house. We made some sweet hacks for his TV and amp. While I was playing a PS2 game, he was fooling around on his electric guitar. Then I went and found a cheap mike that came from some old crappy Karaoke set that he had from years ago. I plugged that into the amp and it worked. We decided to make the amp have two channels by connecting the guitar and the mike to a splitter cable (which we had to solder back together after one of our earlier projects :). With this simple warmup complete, we moved onto more complicated issues. I had brought a movie, but it was just a .AVI file on a CD, so we couldn't play it on the DVD player or the PS2. Instead, we tried it on the laptop. But the sound was crap and the screen wasn't great for us to both watch it. Solution: Scott's capture card. I went upstairs and found it, as well as the necessary cables. The card can convert from SVideo (which the Lappy outputs) to RCA (composite, which the VCR takes). So now we had video. However, the audio was still coming out the crappy laptop speakers. After a little brainstorming, we found an old pair of headphones, cut the wires, stripped them, and connected the left and right channels to the white and red RCA wires. Hook it all up to the laptop headphone port, and voila! we have sound. It was pretty sweet.

5 Comments:
I refer to your latest discharge of plebeian verbiage; in which, you have proven, once again, that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense. Clearly, you spend way too much time in darkened rooms in front of your seven-year-old computer turning a whiter shade of pale. Go outside once in a while and breathe, before your brain starts to rot from all that festering stagnation and cognitive dysfunction.
The compy's actually celebrating its first birthday this July. What would you suggest I do? Play sports? Gah! :) Why would you want to deny a nerd his geeky pleasures? When's the last time that you created something useful, anyway?
Anony one is pitiful because other than reading vocab books he/she/it hasn't got anything better to do than check out your exciting life! Take pity on sad little anony one.
The Anti-Moron™ software on my PC went crazy when I started to read your post. If you're going to say something that ignorant, you could at least fake a stroke. If you knew what you're talking about, you'd be dangerous. To quote Thomas Brackett Reed: "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge."
Okay wait. This was one of the less controversial posts that I've made. What did I say that was wrong?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home